I am really excited to share these two recipes. I have used the recipes below many times over the past year and they have become a usual staple in my home. Almond meal(flour) is one of my favourite flours to use. The taste is fantastic and I have found some excellent recipes that only require a few ingredients and have delicious results.
From our kitchen to yours, enjoy these delicious vegan almond cookies and raw coconut almond bites, I promise they won’t last long :)
Original Recipe: http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/vegan-almond-cookies/
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 15 sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. Use a fork to mix and press out any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and use fork to mix until well combined. It may be a bit sticky but this is okay.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and use a teaspoon to scoop batter.
- Use your fingers to flatten the cookies down a bit and top each cookie with a sliced almond.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool a couple minutes on baking sheet then remove to a wire cooling rack.
* Recipe yields about 15 cookies
Original Recipe: http://realfoodoutlaws.com/raw-coconut-almond-macaroons/
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flake
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 TBSPs maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 TBSPs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Roll into balls or shape as desired. * Balls can be rolled in coconut or cocoa
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.
* Recipe yields 12-14 bites